Hyderabad Post Didar Contest

Current issues, news and ethics
Admin

Hyderabad Post Didar Contest

Post by Admin »

This section will be open the day of the Didar of Hyderabad on 23rd September 2006

The best description of the didar will win the contest and will receive a special prize from the Heritage web site. The first 3 postings will also receive a consolation prize which will also be almost as exceptionnal! So share your experience if you attend Didar!

What we expect is a very accurate and descriptif posting with information about the number of people, the place, time, setting, decoration on the stage and the hall, when Imam entered, how long he walked amongst the Jamat, what Surat/ayat was recited, ginan verses/qasida verses, if there was mehmani presented, Nazrana, gifts, chain, Nyaz, what dress was the Imam wearing, jabo, suit? how long was the Farman, anything you feel should be remembered in history by our future generations...

Do not post the Farman here but you can send it to us by email at heritage@ismaili.net or even by post but our policy is that no Farmans should be made available here publicly.

Admin
Last edited by Admin on Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin

Post by Admin »

A thousand years ago our Dai and Ismaili historians described their experience of the Didar in their time. A thousand years later we are reading their descriptions and how they organised the didars in Fatimid period or in Alamut period and what the Jamat felt at that time.

Today we will also have few dedicated historians writing on the Hyderabad Didar Insh'allah and on the love of the Jamat of their time for the Imam. And in a thousand years our great-grand children will read that and thank them for keeping our history and heritage.

May the Imam - e Zaman give them spiritual strenght and spiritual hapiness for eternity for keeping the light of our history alive in the soul of the Ismaili generations to come after we all will be gone from this earth.

Admin
Admin

Post by Admin »

From Posting on ILM-NET

"nagib" <nagib@globale.net>
To ilm-net@lists.umanitoba.ca
Subject Didar in Hyderabad
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 06:56:47 -0400

YAM,

The didar ended few hours ago and some news are starting to come, I wish I would have been there...

Here is an email just received:

Nagib
------------

Lots of Mubaraki to everyone,

We had a wonderful didar today. We were at the pandol early morning and MHI came at 11:00 AM. There were thousands of murids present. I guess between 100,00 and 150,0000. MHI was very happy and gave a lot of blessings including to the families and Jamat of those who were present. We will have to wait for the complete farman, but here is a glimse of what I remember.

- MHI talked about the Aga Khan Acadamy Hyderabad (whose foundation ceremony was telecast in direct.

-MHI insisted on the importance of quality education and on the fact that
education was now a life long process.

- MHI said He was very ambitious for the Jamat.

- He said He wants to eliminate poverty.

- He said that families, Jamat, should come togethere in order to build
strength.

- He insisted on pluralism and friendships with other communities.

-He said the in the present world people do not have time for the faith, and reminded that physical life is "ordained" and as such has a beginning and an end. Only the soul is eternal. Therefore, keep a "tasbi" and remember Mohamed, Allah, Ali, during day and night and this will give us a lot of hapiness.

- He asked those from abroad to convey His Blessings and affection to "your families and Jamat".

-He insisted on unity and ethics.

He reminded that Intellect is an integral part of faith.

-He said "although I am not always physically with you, I am with you
everyday, all the time".

Mubaraki again to everyone.
Admin

Post by Admin »

"Mehbs Bandali" <mehbs2002@hotmail.com>
To undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject DEEDAR MUBARAKI TO EACH
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 17:43:58 -0400

[View source]
FROM MY DEAREST FRIEND IN HYDERABAD

DEEDAR MUBARAKI TO EACH

Yaa Ali Madad

MUBARAKI MUBARAKI TO YOU EACH AND EVERY ONE.

HAZAR IMAM AYA DEEDAR DENEKU
MOMINS DEEDAR LENEY KU AYA
There were over hundred fifty thousand Murids
Hall)pendom was Huge Huge decorated beautiful in white,
Hazar Imam's Takhat(stage) was gracefuly decorated with seven
white Flowers to me looked like Lotus & the stage was,high up every body could see,flowers all round the stage
Hazar Imam arrived exactly at 10.45 am,
Khudavind Hazar Imam wore Jhabo, and turkey hat, walked through out the Hall, with Mukhi Kamadia .
Noor was walking, so happy , blessing each and every one with a smile
Salwaat was being recited, it electrified the soul and happy tears was flowing in each and every murid there.

It was magnificent,then the quran ayat was recited,and the meaning-last verse of the quran meaning was" He knows everything" hazar Imam laughed and the jamat laughed.

then the Ginan Je Je Mangu teh tuhi tejha. Hazar Imam's face lit during each and every paat that was recited.

Hazar Imam Farman just in short,
I Give my best Best Loving blessings to you your family & to your Jamath, My special blessings for Happiness,unity in the family, Mushkilasaan, Baraka in your daily life, and to your families Ruhani members their soul rest in eternal peace.

education"academy establishing for you to eliminate Poor in the country.
education does not stop on life, it is for Life time

India is fast progressing,and with that there is little time for prayers,whenever you can say the Tasbih of hazarat Ali,ya allah,and this is the only way to get satisfaction & happiness for your Soul.
Hazar Imam farman I have a long lit of outside Jamath here with me,not to mention names I give you & your Families & to your Jamath my Loving blessings for Mushkuilasan,Happiness,Barakat,Unity in the family ,best best special blessings Khanavadan
You are always in my Prayers,in my heart in my thoughts & IN MY WORK
khanavadan

H.I said 1992 I was here in India,quite some time now,and he smiled & the Jamath smiled too, and said even though I am not with you Physically ,you are always in my Heart in my thoughts and in MY WORK TOO. Khanavadan

emphasised more on education. Khudavind Hazar Imam was very very happy all the time, looking at the Jamath and smiling.H.I left @12.15pm.
it was absolutely pinpoint silence, Discipline and so much patience.
Congratulated the Volunteers & their heads for such a magnificent hall.
It was like heaven, sami rajo avey jahangi dhol bjave choud dishey chandrauna huva ,There was noor noor & noor, seven heavens were open
to greet our beloved Hazar Imam.

H.I thanked the antray Pardesh govt for their cooprtion & a piece of land for Academy,and taking care of my Jamath, well, I am so happy & blessed with this Spiritual Deedar, I thank you all for praying for me. I rembered you all individually during Deedar,and at one point to me I saw h.I.nodding to my prayers. Ameen.
Take care all
Love you all
sunnydhanani2007

23rd of september didar in hyderabad

Post by sunnydhanani2007 »

hi...
how r u.hey i wanna discribe whole moment abt da day of didar.
it was xcellent.
discription:everyone started der journey to da pandol where da didar was der at morning 4:00am.lots and lots of traffic jams all around.many vehicles were trapped in dat jam.allmost all da vehicles were our ismailies itself.we took nearly 2hours to break da traffic and reach da didar pandol ground.by da time we reached half of da ground was filled with jamat.i wanna tell u dat if u remembered da structure of our colony,i mean how big is it.nearly 10 to 15 times was more big was da pandol.lakhs of jamat from all over da states of india and from other parts of da countries were present and other communities were der too.to reach da pandol from entrance to da ground it took nearly 10 minutes to reach da ground.lots and lots nearly thousands of security wich included cops and scouts.
i must tell u dese security pple did a tremendous gud job and helped pple a lot.
der were many ambulances placed at each gate entrance.total we had 4 gates for entrance to da pandol.when i reached da 1st one was filled so we had to enter thru 2nd gate.i reached da ground nearly 7:00am.many screens were fixed.i sat in da middle of da ground.der were 5 colums made for walking with da red carpets.by da time it was 8:00pm almost all da remaining jamat were reached da ground.but many pple who were late didnot get place to sit inspite of such a big ground.then in da mic they announced to move forward as much as possible where we were sitting very conjusted.b4 we were entering we had checkings of mobiles or any other electronic gadjets.on moving further towards ground we had to show our passes for inspection without wich we were not alowed to enter da pandol.when all settled by 9:00 we had many gigans and vises made along with farmans by many missionaries and others.did u remember rahim(potti) sir da one who was da principal of our nite school(rec) ya dat guy also told da ginan when imam was present.
arrived:
maulan hazar imam arrived nearly around 11:00 or 11:30am in da pandol and b4 dat we were requested to plz recite da salvaat tasbi when imam arrived.
imam came and took a walk of da ground on da redcarpet between da jamats nearly 5 spaces between them wich i mentioned above with red carpets.when imam entered all jamat pple started da salvaat loudly.he went all around da jamat and between them all looked happy and most of them crying also.then when imam after dat when he sat on da special chair helooked tired by walking all around.but he didnot make a xpression of it.he looked very very happy.then da kriyas started with a honourind imam with a chain.do u know why every time we honour him with a chain ?if not,it is da chain of imamat.then one man was reciting something in arabic language.then imam came up for his farman
farman:
when hazar imam came up to give his farman all b came alert to response da farmans with aamin.first he said it was long long time since i have given u didar in 1992.then he thanxed all da volunteer to doing make da didar possible.he blessed them khanvadan
he farmaned on da education abt how much imp is da education and told not to spend money on da stuffs wich is not imp and told to live a simple life.he also adviced to spend in education and gain knowlege how much as possible.
then he he farmaned to keep a tasbi always with u.and when ever u r free plz recite da imam names,hazrat ali name,allah,or any tabsi wich would definately help u a lot and give u happiness.then he blessed all of them.after dat imam sat on da chair and a man came up and told da whole farman in gujrati.then 3members came up da stage and told da ginan wich also included rahim sir.then after dat they came near imam and imam blessed them all da three.then after dat all da mukhis from all over came one by one and imam blessed all of them.this all contiued.all this didar took nearly 1 hour for everything.then imam stood up to quit da pandol.by dat time we again started savaat tasbi.then imam went back with cheering face and happiness.
after dat we had lunch der and all came back very late.some pple came today morning.it was all da fun
Krim

Yam

Post by Krim »

Ya Ali Madad,

I Cried :cry: Cried :cry: Cried......Everytime when I red about Didar tears were rolling from my eyes... I couldnt stop...I Missed the Didar as I was In London.....and Many Thanks to all of you who explained about the experience during the Didar
I :) appreciate.
Last edited by Krim on Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
sumerachagani

don't cry

Post by sumerachagani »

ya ali madad

:roll: if u really missed it physically but don't cry because it shows all that u get it sphritually :oops: :wink: :wink:
noorjehan

Post by noorjehan »

Thanks a lot for describing it so well and helping us visualise the occassion.Mubaraki to all who have received the Holy Didar.
dannyjasani

khushiyali mubarak

Post by dannyjasani »

ya ali madad

Mubarak bad to every one,

We are so happy for everyone who got ablessing of zaheri didar, While i was reading your post i cried, felt like i was there with you spritually. We remembered you all at chandrat zamatkhana. Congratulations to all the volenteers for magneficent work.

mowla is seva ka badla din or duniya me deve...ameen

All my family read all the posts, they all thanked you for taking time to give us update.

The chain of IMAMAT that was nice. They recited sure noor in arabic.

shukran.. shukran..shukran
ykhudda

Post by ykhudda »

<P>Thanks for sharing your didar experience with us. Its really really great. Thanks again and may mawla keep us happy, healthy and prosperous. Aameen.. <BR><BR>Thanks again,<BR>K</P>
sirjohnison

Greeting From Paki..

Post by sirjohnison »

Yaa Ali Madad.<BR>T<BR>his is Johnny From Pakistan.. First of all congrats to all ismailies.. who receive the holy didar..&nbsp; and 2nd thnx to all who contributed the details of didar.. congrats to all the volunter who serve there khidmat.. dont have more words to say.. <BR>may Moula bless you all with barakat... <BR><BR>Keep Smilin. <BR>CyA<BR>Yaa Ali Madad
ktnk

Anonymous post

Post by ktnk »

<DIV>Didar in Hydrabad</DIV><DIV><BR></DIV><TABLE id=INCREDIMAINTABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=INCREDITEXTREGION style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt" vAlign=top width="100%"><DIV><U><STRONG>Being forwarded as received. I do no t know who the authour is</STRONG></U></DIV><DIV><U><STRONG></STRONG></U>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Al Hamdulillah, Deedar in Hyderabad earlier o&shy;n today was excellent.<BR><BR><BR>Overall, it was a very different experience to what we are used to&nbsp;in <BR>Africa or the West.&nbsp; It was extremely eye opening and humbling, especially <BR>observing the conditions under which many Ismailis from all over India <BR>traveled to Hyderabad, and how they were staying while they were here.<BR><BR>&nbsp;Below is a&nbsp;gist of the Farman.&nbsp; May I please request you to forgive me for <BR>any inaccuracy or misinterpretation in the content below (if at all), when <BR>you read the&nbsp;actual Farman.<BR><BR>As Mowla arrived at the hall, he walked around for about 15 mins (the hall <BR>was&nbsp;massive and there was so much jamat).&nbsp;<BR><BR>He looked well and he gave lots of Dua for the Indian jamat, the foreign <BR>jamats and their families, as well as the Ruahni members.<BR><BR>He made a small joke and said that there were people from so many countries <BR>present that he wouldn't be able to list them unless he had a piece of <BR>paper.<BR><BR>He thanked the government of India and Andra Pradesh for their support and <BR>assistance with his visit, as well as donating the land for the school.&nbsp; He <BR>also thanked the volunteers for their wonderful work in putting everything <BR>together in conjunction with the leaders.<BR><BR>He talked about the fact that&nbsp;his visit to India&nbsp;was related to the <BR>building of a school in Hyderabad, and that education should be seen as a <BR>continuous process rather than o&shy;ne that stops when people grow up or reach <BR>a certain age.<BR><BR>He emphasised the importance of unity in the jamat, using o&shy;nes intellect <BR>when interpreting the faith of Islam, and working within the principles and <BR>ethics of the faith of Islam.<BR><BR>He identified that the pressures of work have increased, resulting in <BR>people working&nbsp;longer hours, but nonetheless, o&shy;nes faith should not be <BR>neglected, as the o&shy;nly part of an individual&nbsp;which is eternal is the soul.&nbsp; <BR>He asked the jamat to carry a Tasbih with them at all times, and whenever <BR>the opportunity arises (whether during the day or at night), to take the <BR>name of Prophet Mohamed (PBUH), Allah and Hazrat Ali.<BR><BR>He also said that the reason he had not been to India since 1992 is because <BR>he was occupied with various projects in Afghanistan, Tajikistan and in the <BR>West (including the building of Jamat Khanas).&nbsp;<BR><BR>He stated that&nbsp;his&nbsp;work in India will continue, and that it his aim to <BR>eradicate poverty within the jamat.<BR><BR>&nbsp;The Farman was immediately translated in the presence of Mowla in Gujerati <BR>for the benefit of the non English speaking Jamat.&nbsp;<BR><BR>I must say, I was impressed with the speed, grasp and accuracy of the <BR>person who did the translation.<BR><BR>As I said earlier, this is just a gist of the Farman, and there may well be <BR>areas which have been overlooked.</DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
ktnk

Post by ktnk »

Being forwarded as received. I do no t know who the authour is

Al Hamdulillah, Deedar in Hyderabad earlier on today was excellent.

Overall, it was a very different experience to what we are used to in
Africa or the West. It was extremely eye opening and humbling, especially
observing the conditions under which many Ismailis from all over India
traveled to Hyderabad, and how they were staying while they were here.

Below is a gist of the Farman. May I please request you to forgive me for
any inaccuracy or misinterpretation in the content below (if at all), when
you read the actual Farman.

As Mowla arrived at the hall, he walked around for about 15 mins (the hall
was massive and there was so much jamat).

He looked well and he gave lots of Dua for the Indian jamat, the foreign
jamats and their families, as well as the Ruahni members.

He made a small joke and said that there were people from so many countries
present that he wouldn't be able to list them unless he had a piece of
paper.

He thanked the government of India and Andra Pradesh for their support and
assistance with his visit, as well as donating the land for the school. He
also thanked the volunteers for their wonderful work in putting everything
together in conjunction with the leaders.

He talked about the fact that his visit to India was related to the
building of a school in Hyderabad, and that education should be seen as a
continuous process rather than one that stops when people grow up or reach
a certain age.

He emphasised the importance of unity in the jamat, using ones intellect
when interpreting the faith of Islam, and working within the principles and
ethics of the faith of Islam.

He identified that the pressures of work have increased, resulting in
people working longer hours, but nonetheless, ones faith should not be
neglected, as the only part of an individual which is eternal is the soul.
He asked the jamat to carry a Tasbih with them at all times, and whenever
the opportunity arises (whether during the day or at night), to take the
name of Prophet Mohamed (PBUH), Allah and Hazrat Ali.

He also said that the reason he had not been to India since 1992 is because
he was occupied with various projects in Afghanistan, Tajikistan and in the
West (including the building of Jamat Khanas).

He stated that his work in India will continue, and that it his aim to
eradicate poverty within the jamat.

The Farman was immediately translated in the presence of Mowla in Gujerati
for the benefit of the non English speaking Jamat.

I must say, I was impressed with the speed, grasp and accuracy of the
person who did the translation.

As I said earlier, this is just a gist of the Farman, and there may well be
areas which have been overlooked.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

--- In Multiculturalism-PluralismGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Sajid Bhanji" <sajiboy1@...> wrote:
>
Just received from one of my friend

May be of ur Interest

To: Undisclosed

ya ali madad....Khudahafiz friends and Family

Mubaraki to all for Hazar Imams Deedar in India

It was a very well organized deedar

there were 150,000 to 200, 000 people there
the Hyderabad jamat did an amazing job accommodating everyone

they had multiple utars : big halls/gymkhana, sports areas for people to
arrive at and a large majority slept there too, food was freely available
all over Hyderabad

we spoilt NRI ( non resident ismailis most stayed in hotels )
the day of the deedar was truly amazing with 150, 000 ismailis heading to
the deedar hall at once, there were ismailis on buses( the jamat had rented 600), cars , rickshaws, people piled in the back of trucks etc, the roads were all ismailis

The hall was a massive outdoor structure and was fully wired for large
screens all over, with full security screening, and despite the huge task
the volunteers got the job done, got everyone seated in time for hazar imam to arrive at 11 am on Saturday

he was very happy, he initially walked for 25 minutes in the hall to give
every one an excellent deedar opportunity, he accepted mehmani from multiple jamats his firman :

family and jamat unity education, he stressed it was a life long learning he wanted to stress peace in the world, he stressed Islam is a peaceful religion maintain ethics of the faith he said though he hasn't been in India for 14 years the jamat was always in his heart, thoughts, prayers and his work, he said he daily thinks of his jamat and their needs and what institutions he thinks the jamat needs, and he wanted excellence in management of these institutions he gave his best best best loving blessings to the Indian jamat and to all jamats from all over the world and to all ruhani members.

he did a 18 minute walk through the hall while leaving..after he had left and the shukran tasbi was being recited he returned to visit the hospital that was set up there

Mubaraki to all.

the volunteers i must say were truly great and very humble in India they
went out of their way to ensure every single member had a good deedar
the leaving procedure was a bit of chaos, 150000 trying to leave at once,
I'm afraid India's infrastructure just could not handle it, there were massive traffic jams, but this is India and the people just took it in stride, ,no complaining no stress, they just expect it and handle it well, many waited 5-6 hours to get on a bus and probably another 3-4 hours to get back into town, it took us 4 hours to get into town and that was after waiting 6 hours in the hall to see if things would ease, but it didn't feel that long because people were happy relaxed and the energy of that many people was something to experience

we thought of you all during the deedar and just wanted to share the experience

YAM
> >
> >

--- In Batunimurid@yahoogroups.com, altaf hajiyani <altafhajiyani@...> wrote:
>
>
> yaa ali madad
>
> total jamat was around 125000 .hazar imam stressed on education as a life long process and practise of faith and always carrying a tasbih. he praised the indfian and state govt. for the hospitality and generosity.
>
> yaa ali madad
Admin

Post by Admin »

ILM-NET@cc.UMANITOBA..CA
Subject YET ANOTHER EYE WITNESS ACCOUNT
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 20:28:05 EDT

As always, Hazar Imam looked fresh and young in his Red and Gold darbar robe and his tall Black hat. I was blessed to find a spot very close to the red carpeted walkway and was able to get a very close view of the Imam.

I arrived at the hall around 9:30am (flew in from Bangalore at 7:30am, headed to the Didar hall -1.5hr ride). The pandal was a huge structure across a waste empty land space at a place call Brompally. 5 arched entries were created with "Welcome to India Mulakaat - Sept 2006" written on them. Only one road led to the pendal so the traffic was horrific. Herds of people walking towards the gates, loads of buses filled with Ismailis all dressed up passed me by as my taxi drove beside them, mehndi on their hands, sweating in the heat of the morning stuffed into their vehicles, but all of them seemed perfectly satisfied to go thru the harsh drive knowing it would be all worth it at the end. It had rained the night before so the red clay grounds around the entry, and structure was mushy and difficult to walk on without getting your shoes messed up. People had to park quite a ways away from the pendal and walk. Many seniors could not make the walk so had to rest on the way and ones who were handicapped were being wheel chaired but seemed like there werenbt enough wheelchairs as many were being carried by volunteers on chairs. Due to the mushy mud, volunteers were having a difficult time carrying them or transporting the wheel chairs. It all looked like "organized Chaos" to me but I am sure this is normal for people who live in India.

When I entered the hall, it was already filled with approximately 150k murids from across India and some I am told from all parts of the world who had arrived at 4am in the morning. The pendal was semi-permanent structure of metal pillars with roof covered with sheets and fans put at equal distances. LCD screens strategically placed to allow everyone to be able to see the Imam close up. Microphone was loud with waezeens explaining to the jamat the significance of the Didar and pleading for discipline and quiet while the Imam is with us. The stage was too far from where I was but after the didar I went to see it. It was simple but beautifully made with white carpet, some 20 steps with red runners in the middle and on 3 sides and a white leather /wood carved chair for the Imam in the middle. Five hanging half- arches suspended over the chair made of nett-metal looked like lotus flower providing shade while white Lily's covered the back of the stage with Green plants.

Hazar Imam arrived at 10:45am, he was presented with the Darbar robe and hat which he wore at the entrance before entering the hall. Mowla walks 20 minutes or so all around the red carpeted walkway before taking the seat at the stage. As it is always amazing, there was silence except the continuous recitation of the salwat and there was hardly a dry-eye in the hall. Sura-e-Noor was recited along with translation. 4 parts of Sahebji to More Man Bhave ginan followed the ayah, then Hazar Imam stood up for Farman. Immediately following the gujrati translation read while the Imam was sitting.

Before I summarize the Farman, I have to deliver the message from the Imam as requested of all the murids who came from outside India. Hazar Imam asked us to convey to our families and our Jamats the following message:

" There are so many countries represented here today that I can't even start to name themb&I will need a paper to write them down. All of you who have come here today from outside India, when you return home, I wish you to give to your families and your jamats my warmest Love, my affections and my blessings, and that they are all in my heart and thoughts, not a day goes by that I don't think of my jamat"

I will now try and summarize the key themes that the Imam talked about in his Farman.

He started with saying how happy he was to be in India and that his visit has been most happy. He then thanked the volunteers who had done such a magnificent work with the leaders to do such magnificent arrangements to make this Deedar possible. He gave them his blessings and gave Kanavadaan. Imam then spoke of the purpose of his visit and he thanked the govt of Uderpardesh for making his visit so memorable and comfortable.

Education:

Education is a necessity
Its no longer only starting school as a child and getting a degree as an adult but it is a life long learning, continuous learning
The Academy therefore will help us to make sure that meritocracy/quality education is provided for children who have exceptional skills
Last visit to India was 1992, its been a long time but India has grown significantly since 1992, more youth are getting opportunities and the future will bring even more opportunity and we need to make sure our Jamats, our future generation is ready to partake in the opportunity the country will provide its people
Since my last visit, much has changed in the world and there has been need to concentrate towards regions who are not in peace, where people need help and that is what the Imam and the Imamate is spending a lot of time on creating infrastructure, institutions and leadership. You must know the countries I am talking of are Afghanistan and Tajikistan. I am also looking at North America and Western Europe, building institutions and Jamatkhanas there for the jamats. Many leaders are working along side me on these activities and I want to tell them that I appreciate their work.
I hope and wish that jamats from around the world will interact and work with each other to help each other so we can have quality leadership in our institutions

Pluralism & Ethics & intellect:

India is a pluralistic country
We need to keep peace and embrace the diversity of all people
Pluralism is good for us, others, its good for all people, so keep good relations with other communities and people
Today, there are regions in the world where there is no peace, wars have destroyed all the infrastructure - I am referring to Afghanistan and Tajikistan
Imam and Imamate is working very hard to create the new infrastructure and institutions in these regions
I am also looking at North America and Western Europe and creating new Jamatkhanas and institutions there
I hope that different regions of my jamat will work together to create quality leadership in other parts of the world
We have to remove poverty from the war torn region and I appreciate those leaders and institutions who work with me to achieve this
Uphold the Ethics of our faith in all the dealings and in your daily lives
Since my last visit to India in 1992, much has changed in India, economy has grown and many opportunities have been provided to the people
We need to make sure that the Jamat is able to utilize these opportunities. I am ambitious for my Jamat
Remember that Intellect is the integral part of Islam. We must follow what Hazrat Ali has taught us, to use our intellect in making good judgments and decision

Balance in Life

Modern life places a lot of demand on us and our time. We work long hours to meet these demands. But that does not mean we cannot practice our faith
Our lives are pre-determined, there is a beginning and there is an end. Remember, only the soul is eternal
So, keep a tasbih with you and anytime during the day or night, when you find a moment, take your tasbih and remember the name of Allah, the prophet and Hazrat Ali and I assure you, you will find happiness in practicing your faith.

Blessings

MHI gave blessing to everyone who was there - blessings for Mushkil Asan, Unity in family, Unity in Jamat, Keep on Siratal Mustaqeem, good health, and Barakat
Hazar imam said that I may be leaving you physically but you should know that I am with you, I am with you every day, all the time

Following the farman, a chain was presented to the Imam, followed by mehmani, Niyaz, sweets and Khajoor. Mukhi's of other JK's of India also presented the mehmanis. Hazar Imam got up and once again gave blessing of Barakat, mushkil asan, health and happiness to all. He left the hall around 12 noon.
sirjohnison

Post by sirjohnison »

<P>Yaa Ali Madad.<BR><BR>I would like to know that.. what happen out there in pandol when the&nbsp;Hazir Imam left the place?</P>
ktnk

Post by ktnk »

Another Forwarded Message, No source available.

> Dear All,
> Heartiest Mubarakis to you for the blessings of Maulana Hazir Imam.
>
> It was indeed a memorable didar after 14 long years wherein a volume of
> nearly 3 lakhs had accomodated under one roof at Kompally, Hyderabad to
> witness the auspicious deedar of the Imam of the Time.
>
> Let me brief you the gist of the Firman Mubarak which I jotted down as it
> was going on in the Pandal.
> Bapa entered the Pandal at 10.55 am on 23 September 2006. He took a round
> looking into everyones eyes and blessing everyone with Khanavadans.
>
> After that Imam went to the stage and sat on the Thakth.
> Tilawat followed that; which was recited by Al- Waez Salim Nathani and
> then it was translated in Hindi and English by Al- Waez Hussain Jasani.
> The Ayat for the same was Sura Noor Ayat:35. Thus they received a pat by
> Imam and special blessing on the stage itself.
>
> Then Venti was recited by a group of young boys and girls-
> 1) Sahebji tu more man bhaave....
> 2) Je Je maangu te tuhe deve........
> 3) Chaare Chaare jug ma fari fari joyu....
> 4) Jiska re saheb aisa hoye......
>
> Then they were patted by Bapa and received the blessings of Imam.
>
> Then was the Firman Mubarak made by Khudawind Hazir Imam whose gist is as
> follows:
>
> * Warm, most affectionate best blessings to family and Jamats here and
> in whichever part of the world they are.
> * Khanavadan, Khanabvadan, Khanavadan
> * Happiness to be with the Jamat of India
> * Cogratulations to Jamat, Volunteers, Leaders and blessings to them
> and take home warm congratulations
> * Excellent work by the volunteers without whose efforts this program
> would not have been possible.
> * Thanks to the Government of India and Andhra Pradesh
> * I was here for the ground breaking ceremony of the Centre of
> Excellence.
> * EDUCATION IS THE FUNDAMENTAL NECESSITY OF HUMAN LIFE, BUT THE NATURE
> OF EDUCATION HAS CHANGED
> * IT IS A LIFE LONG PROCESS
> * Draw the benifit from your education
> * EDUCATION IS THE FUNDAMENTAL NEED.
> * Although the last deedar was in 1992. Jamat was always in my heart,
> thoughts and prayers.
> * Since 1992 world has changed significantly
> * There is a need of Peace and Unity in the Jamat
> * Building of strong Institutions is necessary
> * I am ambitious for my Jamat
> * There is a need of Quality Management in the Institutions
> * The Indian Economy is growing
> * We must have a better understanding of the values of pluralism
> * We must have Quality Institutions
> * Uphold the ethics of Faith
> * There is a need of Co-operation and Collaboration of people in the
> same field.
> * India is a pluralistic society and we should live with peace unity
> and friendship with all the COMMUNITIES.
> * The world has changed and the work pressure is more, the worh hours
> have been stretched but that dosent mean that you do not practise your
> faith
> * Faith should not be absent from your life
> * Life is limited
> * Soul is eternal
> * Keep a Tasbih
> * Recite the name of Prophet, Allah, Ali
> * Use your tasbih
> * That is your devotion and submission
> * And you will find happiness in that
> * I am convinced that you will find happiness
> * I am convinced
> * The Jamat who has come from outside India is in a very large number
> and I cannot name the countries from where they have come unless I have a
> written list with me, but take back with you My blessings for your Jamat
> * Keep unity amongst yourselves, work together.
> * Uphold the ethics
> * Ethics of peace
> * Ethics in family of brotherhood
> * Intellect is an INTEGRAL PART OF OUR FAITH
> * Keep in mind this tradition which has been taught to us by Hazrat
> Ali.
> * I give to you the best of blessings for long life, happiness, unity
> in family,Barakaat and Mushkil Aasaan
> * Before leaving you I am deeply happy.
> * I thank the government of Andhra Pradesh for the genorisity for
> offering the piece of land for the Centre Of Excellence
> * Jamat is always in my heart, thoughts and prayers.
> * Although I am not with you physically, I am with you EVERYDAY
> * I give you blessings for fulfilment of your wishes, unity in family,
> peace, strength on Sirat-al- Mustaqeem, Barakaat and Mushkil Aasaan.
> * Khanavadan.
>
> Abeshafaa ceremony follwoed the Firman Mubarak, then fruits' Mehamaani was
> offered and then finally sweets were offered.
>
amynrajani

Hyderabad "Didaar".

Post by amynrajani »

YA-Ali-MADAD,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Deedar at Hyderabad was a memorable event.Every Deedar is a memorable and unique in itself so was this o&shy;ne. But this time it was a sort of record number of people attended. Because it was arranged o&shy;nly at o&shy;ne place and so naturally all of indian ismailis attended this deedar. Not o&shy;nly indian but even from different parts of world, almost 200,000 murids. It was a near impossible task for volunteers and sevadars to arrange viewing of deedar for 200,000 murids but they did a magnificient job. whatever possible and more. Old age people, Sick people, people who cant walk, people who where seriously ill, each an everyone did attend deedar. People started coming to Pendall as early as 3.00 a.m. Mowla Bapa entered at almost 10.20 a.m and was in pendall upto 12.00 noon. Mowla was really very very happy. Mowla congratulated volunteers for their magnificient job. The pendall was so big that mowla has to walk for a long time almost 40 to 50 minutes, before attaining the throne and after coming down the throne.the most memorable vision was the way he was coming.It was like seeing a Almighty God King of Kings with his royal walk,wearing royal robes (joba).Mowla even went to the seriously ill murids who where placed in a separate closed tent in the corner of pendall. Mowla did visit a serious patient and even shake hands with a boy. Mowla's "Nazar" was o&shy;n murids all the time that he walked and o&shy;ne can see such a deep love that mowla had in his heart for his murids. Almost everyone was sooo happy that tears were falling down their cheeks. Most of murids cried. And when Mowla said his Firman Blessings were coming down as though it was thunder storm . So many blessings.It was like all of our sins are cleansed in o&shy;ne single day. And before Mowla a Sura from quran was recited which was about the description of Allah's Noor. Such a Deedar would be remembered till the day of judgement.Such were those Deedar.<BR>YA-ALI-MADAD.<BR>
parvezsm

Post by parvezsm »

Hi everyone, YAM & millions of Mubarakis,

Mowla was kind and gracious to have given us so much time for this Deedar.

A host of people have already given the account of Deedar! Some of them have described very much in details including almost the exact wordings of the Firman.

I want to add the following:

1. To correct the timings of arrival & departure of Mowlana Hazar Imam:

Mowlana Hazar Imam arrived in the Pandal at 10.45 am and left at 12.15 pm

2. It was for the first time[if I remember correctly] that Mowlana Hazar Imam did not come again on the mike after accepting the 'nazrana' - to thank the Jamat. Perhaps, we are not entiltled to analyse the reasons.

3. Till 10.15 am, the main passage from Gate 1 to the pandal was full of people. Although, there was not an inch left in the pandal, suddenly we found all the people standing in this passage vanished. Really, can't tell what happened but everyone was seated just few minutes before Mowlana Imam's arrival. How the space was created for them is the question unanswered!

4. Mowlana Hazar Imam took one extra round[it seemed to be unscheduled] in the pandal of sick patients - just before His departure. There was no red carpet laid out in that extra passage and voluteers were seen to spread white sheet as Mowlana Hazar Imam walked. At 2-3 spots, Mowlana Hazar Imam was seen stopping and giving blessings by raising His both the hands- a rare occurence.

Overall, Deedar was very well organised but for the last moment rains -which I think upset the arrangements to a great extent. There were so many things to learn from this Deedar as far as the leaders & volunteers are concerned. May be I will try and give details of these in this mail or separately.

Thanks,

Parvez Merchant
Mumbai-India
parvezsm

HYDERABAD POST DEEDAR CONTEST

Post by parvezsm »

Hi! Everyone,

Let me express that Hyderabad Jamat as I know is very dedicated and I think the Jamati leaders/members did their best to arrange this Deedar. This was evident from the large Pandal on an open ground with roof covering and all other facilities like Toilets, Food Court, Utaras, Buses, Meals etc. They very well deserve our sincere compliments from every one of us.

However, I would like to list below what we[our family] observed not as criticism but as positive suggestions for the future Deedars or any such funtions:

1. Two sessions: No one could understand why the format of two sessions as done in Canada last year was not followed? Separate exit could have been made for the morning session Jamat to come out.

2. Visibility of stage: Why the pandal was made in such away that the stage[Takhat] was not visible from all pandals? There was white curtain placed between the first pandal from where Mowlana Hazar Imam entered and the pandal in the centre where the stage was located? In all previous deedars that we have attended, the stage was always visible from wherever you were seated.

3. Access road from main road[Hyd- Nagpur highway] to Pandal: If for some reasons, two session format was not possible,why there was only one access road? How difficult it was for general Jamat, senior citizens[in wheel chairs], sick patients[on stretchers] & small children from variuous hostels in India to pass thro' this narrow road which was hardly 10 ft. wide? When such huge amount was spent on the pandal, why another road could not be made? If not 'pucca', atleast 'kutcha' covered with thick carpet.

4. Lunch: Instead of food court, Lunch Boxes could have been given to every Jamati member at the end of exit gates. This would have saved the limited resources of voluntary manpower- who other wise would have been useful for disciplined exit of all Jamati members.

5. Toilets: There was no voluteer seen at the toilet block. Only one staff member of tanker water supplier was struggling to clean the toilets with water in the bucket. There were around 70-100 toilets.

6. Car Parking: Similarly, hardly any volunteer was seen at car parkings. Those present there were not equipped with Cell Phones for calling the drivers of own/hired cars. It was very clearly told to Jamat at the time of security check that you can use the cell of any volunteer at the car parking sites for this purpose.

7. Registration: This exercise was not professional as no electronic card was swiped and they were thrown in dustbins in front of us. I know of one young Ismaili lady who went inside the pandal by handing over her 3 yr old nephew's card.

8. Security Check: This was done in very haphazard manner. I was frisked by one volunteer and then another one standing little ahead again wanted to frisk me. He told me sorry once I told him that I was already frisked. No frisking arrangement was done for ladies.

9. Praying of salwaats during Mowlan Hazar Imam's rounds in pandals: The voice of Jamat was very loud and many could not hear Mowlana Hazar Imam saying 'Khanavadan'. Missionaries who were on the stage could have trained Jamat to recite 'salwaat' in a low tone.

10. Wrong announcement re: Mowlana Hazar Imam's departure from pandal: The Missionary on stage wrongly announced from the stage that Mowlana Hazar Imam had left the pandal whereas in fact He was still in the pandal visiting sick patients. It was clear that there was no connectivity between those In-charge of announcements and those on duty in the pandal.

11. Announcements re: lost & found children: No system was deivised to restore such children to their parents. Children lost & found before Mowlana Hazar Imam's Deedar could be restored to their parents only after Mowlana Hazar Imam's departure. One can realize the trauma the children and parents must have gone thro' during this period stretching from 3 to 4 hrs.

12. Non-use of voulnteers from outside Hyderabad: Why services of volunteers from Mumbai who are experienced to handle large Deedars were not called for?

13. Absence of Volunteers at crucial points: Had there been two sessions-morning/afternoon- the volunteers would have done duties at crucial points as explained above in points 5 & 6 above in one session and had Deedar in another one- as it was done in Canada.

14. No separate lanes for Buses/Cars: This resulted in heavy traffic 3-5 kms before the pandal site in the morning hours and delayed entry of Jamati members. We left Banjara Hills at 5.15 am and reached pandal site at 6.45 am.

15. Screens: These were very few and small: and that too very far from many.

Thanks for your time,

Parvez Merchant
Mumbai-India
xaf

deedar in hyd.

Post by xaf »

The whole occasion was magnificent. Never have i attended a deedar where there have been more than some 30,000 ismailis and here there were around 200,000. though they had estimated and catered for a basic 100,000, it was amazing how they still managed to organise everything. people were pouring in nonstop and some were still looking for a place to sit even when Hazir Imam had arrived in the area. He entered the hall at around 10:25 am and he looked so regal in his jabho and whire sherwani underneath. he looked so happy and ecstatic. the noor o&shy;n his face was red. really red and o&shy;ne could actually feel the heat of it. it was very overwhelming. he walked around slowly, taking his time, allowing the jamat to get a good closeup of him as he paced down the long lengths of the red carpet before coming to a halt at his stage, some 20 minutes later. he really looked like the king that he is when he claimed his seat, towering over all the murids present. his farman was long and touched o&shy;n every aspect - education, ethics, unity, prayer - he said(not verbatim), "Take your tasbih and call the names of Ali, Allah and the prophet. show your <STRONG>submission</STRONG> and <STRONG>devotion</STRONG>. and you will find that your life will become better."<BR>when he had finished his farman, a waezin read out his&nbsp;verbatim-gujerati-translated version for the benefit of the non english speaking people. moulla meanwhile gazed around the pendol affectionately. when the usual reeth-reewaaz was completed, Moulla got up to speak again, where by he&nbsp;repeated his duas, especially the o&shy;ne where he prays that&nbsp;all our wishes may be fulfilled. This time the gujerati translation was done as he stood at the mike (after he had completed of course). when he took to the red carpet again, he was a bit faster than previously and leftt he pendol in around 15 min. he returned barely a minute later and was led to an area, which&nbsp;people later&nbsp;said was the makeshift hospital, others said it was where latecomers were made to stand becasue there wasn't room for them to sit. he spent around five minutes there before he left the pendol&nbsp;completely. he did not depart from kompally immediately but instead took&nbsp;his time to change, around 15&nbsp;min. or so. when his car did leave it was 1:20pm.<BR>It was truly magnificient.&nbsp;<BR>Mumbaraki to all ismailis.
didar20007

Post by didar20007 »

on 23rd september the following recitors were performed in the didar, tilawat sure noor ayat 35 Alwaez salim nathani mumbai tilawat traslation Alwaez Hussain jasani Mumbai. Ginan 4 verses of sahebji tu more man bhave - Kashmira - Mumbai, Rahim- Secunderabad, Munira - Hyderabad, Seema - Gujrat.Salwaat recitation by: Al waez Babul -Al waez Abdul ali dhanani - mumbai
noorali_meghani

Post by noorali_meghani »

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">HH PRINCE AGA KHAN</P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">INDIA MULAQUAT </P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">SEPTEMBER 2006</P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">&nbsp;<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Ya ali madad</P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>We had a very nice deedar o&shy;n 23<SUP>rd</SUP> September, shukhar & I am back to my place from Hyderabad.</P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>We left Hyderabad by bus o&shy;n 21<SUP>st</SUP><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>& reach o&shy;n 22<SUP>nd</SUP><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>in the morning. The preparation for deedar was going o&shy;n from last month. Dandiya ras was arranged & khushali mijalis was celebrated in every jamatkhana of India.</P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>Volunteers from all over India were called 3 days before deedar for the preparation. Jamat from all over India reach Hyderabad by special busses, trains, and private transport & by air. Jamat from other countries had also join for the deedar. o&shy;n the way to Hyderabad from main centers food courts were arranged for the jamat.</P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>In Hyderabad they had arranged 58 utara (accommodation) in 4 areas. Tents (mandap) were erected at every utara with temporary toilets. Every jamat were allotted specific utara. Facilities like information desk, health center, food & snacks, information booklet, parking etc were available at every utara.</P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>Apart from utara jamat was also in private hotels but all of them were full by Friday, a day before deedar. Most of the jamat had arrived in Hyderabad by Friday evening.</P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>The most important fact was that India jamat was blessed with deedar after 14 years & Hyderabad was the o&shy;nly center. The jamat was ready at 1:30am Saturday early morning& was allowed to enter the Mulaquat hall. Busses & other vehicles were ready to shift jamat from utara to the hall. Jamat continued to enter the hall till 7am in the morning.</P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>To ensure safety & security camera, tape or video recorder, CD or MP3 player, laptop, Mobil phones, lighter or any other thing considers being risk were not allowed in the Mulaquat hall. Detectors were placed at every center.</P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>About the Mulaquat hall, The mulaquat site was located between secunderabad jamat khana to Aga Khan hostel. Parking facility was near to the hall. The car parking was approx 45 acres & that of bus was approx 40.5 acre. Food court was also built near the hall for lunch after the deedar.</P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>The hall was access by 4 entries, the hall consists of information desk, lost & found counter at the first gate, 4 clinics o&shy;n its periphery, infant corner o&shy;n o&shy;ne side & toilets o&shy;n either side of the hall. Special allocation was given to senior citizen.</P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>The Mulaquat hall was approx 15 acre around 900’x700’. Approx 800 fans<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>& 500 lights were installed along with best sound system & fire fighting installation. It was erected by steel stanchion & truss & covered with GI sheets. The middle bay, stage bay was 900’x100’ without any column. White roofing & green carpet with red walkway belt in between was perfect. Screens were arranged at regular intervals.</P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>Volunteers were trying hard to settle down jamat till 8:30am in the morning. Than started the important announcement, followed by ginan & wiaz.</P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>Hazar Imam arrived at around 10:45am & gave the deedar. As soon as jamat saw the spiritual face tears of happiness run from the eyes of murids. After deedar hazar Imam sat o&shy;n the stage & tilavat & its translation was done. Than hazar Imam made the farman. He focus o&shy;n Education, peace-communal harmony & faith o&shy;n religion. After that translation was done followed by ginan & other kriyas. It got over at 12:15pm. </P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>After deedar there was arrangement for lunch at food court nearby. It was the challenge how to take jamat from the hall fast & peacefully. It was estimated around 1,75,000 people in a house full hall, all were tired as they were seating for 7 hours. Volunteers in large number work very hard to take out jamat but all were out of order.</P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>Few people rush outside to get out whereas few rush to food court. Many people continuously rush out from the main gate, which cause traffic problem. Although the traffic of that route was diverted but traffic of jamat was block. Due to this many of them lost their family members, many children were lost<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>& senior citizens were left alone. Seeing this a special announcement counter was set up.Though volunteers & traffic police work hard to solve the problem but it remain as it is for 4 to 5 hour.</P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>We leave at 10pm night by bus but many were still in search of their busses & vehicles. Volunteers were working till late night. While returning different people had different opinion about the management but I thank to Council of India, Council of Hyderabad & all the volunteers who have work day & night to make this Mulaquat success.</P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Regards</P><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Noorali</P>
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

noorali_meghani wrote:

HH PRINCE AGA KHAN
INDIA MULAQUAT
SEPTEMBER 2006

We had a very nice deedar on 23rd September, shukhar ; I am back to my place from Hyderabad. We left Hyderabad by bus on 22nd in the morning. The preparation for deedar was going on from last month. Dandiya ras was arranged; khushali mijalis was celebrated in every jamatkhana of India.

Volunteers from all over India were called 3 days before deedar for the preparation. Jamat from all over India reach Hyderabad by special busses, trains, and private transport & by air. Jamat from other countries had also join for the deedar. on the way to Hyderabad from main centers food courts were arranged for the jamat.

In Hyderabad they had arranged 58 utara (accommodation) in 4 areas. Tents (mandap) were erected at every utara with temporary toilets. Every jamat were allotted specific utara. Facilities like information desk, health center, food & snacks, information booklet, parking etc were available at every utara.

Apart from utara jamat was also in private hotels but all of them were full by Friday, a day before deedar. Most of the jamat had arrived in Hyderabad by Friday evening. The most important fact was that India jamat was blessed with deedar after 14 years; Hyderabad was the only center. The jamat was ready at 1:30am Saturday early morning; was allowed to enter the Mulaquat hall. Busses other vehicles were ready to shift jamat from utara to the hall. Jamat continued to enter the hall till 7am in the morning.

To ensure safety security camera, tape or video recorder, CD or MP3 player, laptop, Mobil phones, lighter or any other thing considers being risk were not allowed in the Mulaquat hall. Detectors were placed at every center.

About the Mulaquat hall, The mulaquat site was located between secunderabad jamat khana to Aga Khan hostel. Parking facility was near to the hall. The car parking was approx 45 acres that of bus was approx 40.5 acre. Food court was also built near the hall for lunch after the deedar. The hall was access by 4 entries, the hall consists of information desk, lost found counter at the first gate, 4 clinics on its periphery, infant corner on one side toilets on either side of the hall. Special allocation was given to senior citizen. The Mulaquat hall was approx 15 acre around 900’x700’. Approx 800 fans 500 lights were installed along with best sound system fire fighting installation. It was erected by steel stanchion; covered with GI sheets. The middle bay, stage bay was 900’x100’ without any column. White roofing; green carpet with red walkway belt in between was perfect. Screens were arranged at regular intervals.

Volunteers were trying hard to settle down jamat till 8:30am in the morning. Than started the important announcement, followed by ginan; wiaz. Hazar Imam arrived at around 10:45am; gave the deedar. As soon as jamat saw the spiritual face tears of happiness run from the eyes of murids. After deedar hazar Imam sat on the stage; tilavat; its translation was done. Than hazar Imam made the farman. He focus on Education, peace-communal harmony; faith on religion. After that translation was done followed by ginan; other kriyas. It got over at 12:15pm.

After deedar there was arrangement for lunch at food court nearby. It was the challenge how to take jamat from the hall fast & peacefully. It was estimated around 1,75,000 people in a house full hall, all were tired as they were seating for 7 hours. Volunteers in large number work very hard to take out jamat but all were out of order.

Few people rush outside to get out whereas few rush to food court. Many people continuously rush out from the main gate, which cause traffic problem. Although the traffic of that route was diverted but traffic of jamat was block. Due to this many of them lost their family members, many children were lost; senior citizens were left alone. Seeing this a special announcement counter was set up.Though volunteers; traffic police work hard to solve the problem but it remain as it is for 4 to 5 hour.

We leave at 10pm night by bus but many were still in search of their busses; vehicles. Volunteers were working till late night. While returning different people had different opinion about the management but I thank to Council of India, Council of Hyderabad; all the volunteers who have work day night to make this Mulaquat success

Noorali
Last edited by kmaherali on Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
shaffinrajan

Mowlana Hazar Imama's Holy Deedar in Hyderabad

Post by shaffinrajan »

This is to express my deepest gratitude to all those lucky momins, who got opportunity of Hazar Imam's holy deedar and took out their precious to share their experience with those could not come over there.<BR>Thank you all so much. May Mowla give its sawab to you all many many folds and make your Din & Duniya abaad<BR>Ya Ali Madad<BR>Shiraz H. Rajan
rahimlakhani1

Thanks a ton guys!

Post by rahimlakhani1 »

ya ali madad,
hey its rahim lakhani here from secunderabad...its my ill luck that i left for canada in september itself for my studies and then mawla gives a deedar...but i m on my way to follow hazar imams farman on studyin..by the way i m in univeristy of waterloo doin mechanical engineering 1a...i personally thank my dearest friend sunny dhanani to describe the deedar in such a way that it filled my eyes with tears..he is one of my closest friend in there...also i m so happy for rahim sir to get such an opportunity..i still remember he used to say everybody that when hazar imam will give deedar i will recite ginan...may mawla fulfill all his good wishes...i miss u secunderabad..i miss u all buddies..

regards,

Rahim
notyourkid@msn.com
akku19

OFFICIAL FATCS OF HYDERBAD MULAQUAT

Post by akku19 »

YAM to each n everyone,

I m a regular visitor of ISMAILI.NET but today for the 1st time I become an official member of this gr8 domain just to share some facts about "INDIA MULAQUAT".

I am a Volunteer from Secunderabad JK; Last night there was an official Volunteer's meet of all Hyderabad JK's at Hyderabad with council & in that Our National President was also present.

There are some facts & moments which (*) The President shared with all the Volunteers & some other facts which (#) I personally came across with:

* First of all as the new national council appointed in Dec' 05, they found that it is almost 14 long years has passed when IMAM met with His India jamat & now jamat from all over India are eagerly waiting for their IMAM.

* When the official visit of IMAM is getting finalized for Ground Breaking Ceremony of Aga Khan Academy at Hyderabad, National Council made a request for graciously giving few hours for India Jamat.

* As Imam was coming for an "Official Visit" & not especially for "Padhramani", it was His Karam Nawazish & great mercy that in the month of August, Mawla accept the request for a "MULAQUAT" with India Jamat from His busy schedule during His "Official Visit".

* Finally after 14 years, Mawla agreed for this Mulaquat but at one sitting & at only one place i.e. "HYDERABAD".

* Now there was mammoth task in front of the Council, what they have to do was never ever done in the History of Ismaili Jamat of India. They have to found a place which is safe, secure, and convenient & should be so large that it can accommodate more than one lakh of jamat of India.

* Finally they got the land which is our proposed new Garden Society at Kompally (NH 7, Nagpur Highway).

* There were innumerable task which we have to achieve whether it was related to Transport, Utara (Accommodation), Food, Health, Safety & Security or else.

* For achieving this tasks different kind of man powers were there with having different capabilities.
Think when you had been given a single task to achieve at a single time.
Think when you had been given 2 tasks to achieve at a single time.
Think when you had been given 5 tasks to achieve at a single time.
And think what will happen when you had been given 500 tasks to achieve at a single time, its not easy.

# According to Railway officials this was happened for the 1st time in their knowledge that 23 (Twenty Three) SPECIAL TRAINS were been received for any private function in Indian Railway History. Most of the trains came from various parts of Gujarat & Mumbai. A special Cell (Control Room) was build at RAIL NILAYAM (South Central Railway), where one of our Member is allowed to be seated there in the control room & keep watch on the positions of different trains. This was done because most of the arrangements were done at SECUNDERABAD RAILWAY STATION at back side on BHOIGUDA Gate i.e. Platform No.10 and we were trying to get all the Spl trains at this station, so that Jamat can easily reach to their Utaras, Hotels or Relative's Places with the conveyance of Buses, Taxis or Autos.
As I was giving service at Secunderabad Rly Stn, I want to share an incident which happened in front of me. It was 21-09-06 eve, we were expecting a Spl Train from Gujarat in next 10 mins, suddenly we got a call from our control room that a Spl Train arrived at NAMPALLY (Hyderabad Rly Stn) & we are expecting hundreds of people in them. 1st we thought that the train which we r expecting might have gone to Hyd Rly Stn, but when we enquired it was an another train. Even after taking so much precautions some how it went to HYD instead of SEC'BAD and then we came to know that only few volunteers & buses are there at HYD and here another Spl Train is coming in next few mins...

"Just think what you will do at this stage if you have been an Incharge?"
If you are a Local Hyderabadi you better know that in a working eve how much difficult it is to travel from Sec'bad to Hyd & with a big vehicle like bus. So just think over it...

Meanwhile some more facts...

* For Jamati Accommodations (UTARA), there were near about 58 Gardens/ Function Halls/ Shaadi Khane were booked in 4 different areas namely; Mahedipatnam, Champapet, Hi-Tec & Bowenpally. Well Equipped with Food, Sanitary, Security, Health Services, and Info & Travel Desk.

# This Utaras has already few Permanent Sanitary, but looking to the convenience of hundreds of people some extra Temporary (Kutchha) Toilets & Bathrooms were made in almost all of the Gardens.

* In all this Utaras near about 45,000 people were accommodated.

# Transportation: Hundreds of buses where arranged from all the Utaras, JK's & almost all parts of the Twin City to Kompally (Pendol). Which were started early in the morning till midnight for going back, in this regular highway traffic was either diverted or stopped for hours for both the time.

* Pendol: It was the BIGGEST CLOSED HALL ever made in INDIAN HISTORY for any private function & in a short span of time, which can accommodate more than one lakh people in it.

* Mulaquat: It was the LARGEST ISMAILI JAMAT ever gathered for Deedar in Recent ISMAILI HISTORY of World. More than One Lakh people gathered at a time & at a single place.

* Walking Time: Mawlana Hazar Imam when entered in Pendol 1st He walked for 25 Mins to the stage & while leaving He walked for 18 Mins till exit, i.e. Mawlana Hazar Imam total 43 Mins walked to reach to each n every murid.

* Walking Distance: During this time IMAM walked almost 1.2 kilometers.

(# Just think how much time & how many kilometers you walked for this event?)

* Total Time Spent: Mawlana Hazar Imam spend almost 1Hr 20mins with Jamat during this Mulaquat.

* When it was asked to Eitmadis & Alijahans how they felt about this DEEDAR, they said it was one of the BEST DEEDAR of our life, in recent times we hardly see Imam spend this much time with HIS Jamat & it seems that Imam was very very HAPPY during this Mulaquat.

* In a room while leaving, National Council presented a Gift (a handle of sword or sword or else, Sorry I m not sure) of 18th Century from London Museum (Which they directly send it to Aiglemont from London). They gave a picture of that which symbolically represent that gift.

* Then Leaders gifted "NAZRANA" to Imam, Imam said, 'My India Jamat is very Generous.' As it was the BIGGEST NAZRANA ever given to Imam.

* Before leaving the Pendol Imam showed His immense & deepest Happiness with this MULAQUAT to all the leaders. Imam said, 'I'm feeling a PROUD FATHER who had seen all His children.'

* A day before Mulaquat even at Raj Bhavan (State Governor's House), Imam wrote in Guestbook that, 'It is the most Memorable Visit to India'

* As a fact we know that there were so many short comings, lacking, mistakes was there during this Mulaquat & also as a protocol, at airport when all the leaders where present, our National President apologies for all the mistakes, lacking & short comings & asked to forgive us, then Imam said, 'I couldn’t see any.'

* Finally MHI overlooked all our mistakes like a Spiritual Father, but we know that while leaving the hall Jamat faced so many problems, especially Physically Challenged & Senior Citizens. People walked so much to reach the buses or to find their cars.

* But our President said that Inshallah in Golden Jubilee when our jamat in Tajikistan will have Deedar, they will come from mountains & valleys, as there is no airport, no railway & no roads are made for vehicles & for that they have to do their journey by walking. It will take min 7DAYS to 15 DAYS to reach to the Deedar place. And due to the lack of infrastructure there will be no accommodation (Utara) or food will be given, only fire will be provided to cook their own food. So our President assured to Tajik Council President that we will send our VOLUNTEERS to serve the Tajik Jamat.

* Finally President told us to be prepare for the coming 'GOLDEN JUBILEE' & to learn from all the short falls & mistakes done this time, so that we can serve more efficiently & effectively to the Imamat ... Aameen.

# I feel that whatever problems Jamat faced while leaving it was up to some extend due to Jamat itself, as many of them where not listening to instructions that plz don’t get up, wait till u have been told to go, even after announcing that there is a traffic jam so plz don’t go. But jamat were ignoring this and continuously moving out & due this children's are getting separate in this huge crowd. And that’s why so many children were found missing. In fact there was found child were more then missing, which we gathered at stage & even after so much time no body came to pick them.

# The other problem occurred due to damage, occupied & shortage of wheel chairs. Senior Citizens had faced the most difficult time after the event. This happened due to lack of volunteers also, it is fact that volunteers who were at pendol duty, so many of them where working day & night continuously till last moment at different areas. I heard some of them had not slept for 4/ 3/ 2 nights & some of them took only an hour to stretch their legs in car or on bench or elsewhere, & almost all the volunteers didn’t slept previous night, I literally saw many of them where so tired & feeling drowsy that they were unable to work after the Mulaquat.

# But still few where there who even worked in those circumstances in which generally they don’t. So many Volunteers where there who worked till last moment. We found so many Senior Citizens waiting for their kids or relatives at pendol, gates & even at highway road. Few of them had already lost their memory, they don’t know from where they came & where to go.

# Traffic was so jam till midnight that it took hours for jamat to get into the vehicles. And during this I saw which rarely we couldn’t see, ALL the Police & Traffic personnel where so much co-operating & helping that they even providing their own vehicles for various spots, even my family came half the way in their car, & all this by their own willingness & without any request. As night goes darker only few volunteers & in charges where there but still all the Police officials where doing their job whole heartedly.

# Finally at around 2:30 am we again checked the whole area & gathered all the senior citizen & send them to their utara / places & to all missing one to a garden/ utara & HYD JK. And at around 3:00 am we came back at home.

# We know many of Jamat shouted & scolded us for the inconvenience, even few had placed their problems here also in this forum, but I just want to share one thing that if u read this whole article carefully, u will definitely find some messages from it. Take it at individual level try to find out what Imam want to convey indirectly through this whole event & learn from it. And remember that, 'NO BODY IS PERFECT & YOU CAN'T EXPECT IT FROM OTHERS'. It was the first time ever happened in the INDIAN HISTORY so no practical experience was there but still Our Leadership tried very hard, worked day & night for this HISTORICAL EVENT. And from all this short falls & mistakes Inshallah we all will learn the lessons & try to serve the IMAMAT with best of our ability & potentials... Aameen.

# But instead of short span of time, bad weather, unfavorable conditions & so many hurdles, a HISTORY was created on 23rd Sep 2006 at Hyderabad and Inshallah it will be written by Golden Letters in our "ISMAILI ITIHAAS..."
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Ya Ali Madad,

I had a chance to read the Farmans made at Hydreabad yesterday in JK. The recollections of the Farmans made in this thread have been remarkably accurate.

Congratulations! You had indeed benefited from the Deedar.