Aga Khan - Timeline - 1969
Aga Khan IV - Timeline - 1969
- February 21, 1969: Hazar Imam and Prince Amyn Mohammad arrive in Bombay, India. The
purpose of this visit was to donate to the Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Fund, through the
Government of India, the historic Aga Khan Palace at Yarawda, Poona on the 22nd. .
- February 22-25, 1969: Hazar Imam and Prince Amyn visited Elephanta Caves, attended a
reception given by Maharashtra College of Sciences and called upon Prime Minister Indira Gandhi
and President Zakir Husain in New Delhi. (click here)
- June 20, 1969: Messages sent by Mata Salamat Om Habiba Begum to celebrate 12th anniversary
of Hazar Imam's accession to throne of Imamat.
- August 1969: Hazar Imam gave Holy Deedar to U.K. Jamat at Alexandra Palace, London.
- August 20,1969: Hazar Imam gave an interview to Paul Giannoli of the French magazine "Elle". The interview was titled "Elle cherche a comprendre le mystere de Karim Aga Khan". When asked what he would do if Ismailis were persecuded, he replied: "A spiritual force has to intervene without being know".
- October 28, 1969: Hazar Imam married Sarah Poole-Crocker, formerly Lady James Crichton-Stuart, later known as Begum Salimah, in Paris. The wedding, which was attended by Ismaili
leaders from all over the world, was conducted by the Chief Imam of the Paris Mosque. The wife
of the Mir of Hunza showered pearls at the feet of Hazar Imam and Begum Salimah.
- October 28, 1969: Michael Curtis, Personal Aide to Hazar Imam, wrote an article in the Daily
Nation of Nairobi, Kenya in the Wedding Souvenir.
- December 12, 1969: "The Aga Khan and His Bride" was the title of a report filed by Willi
Frischauer in the Evening Standard. Mr. Frischauer later wrote a biography entitled "The Aga
Khans." (click here)
PHOTO ALBUM 1969
- Marriage to Begum Salimah, 1969
- From left to right: Princess Andre, Princess Tajuddaullah, Mowlana Hazar Imam, Begum
Salimah, Mata Salamat Begum Sultan Mohammed Shah, Princess Yasmin. Standing: Prince
Sadruddin, Prince Amyn Mohammed
- Mowlana Hazar Imam and Begum Salimah's wedding ceremony, Paris, 1969
- Mowlana Hazar Imam and Begum Salimah taking a quiet stroll, Ile St. Louis, Paris, 1969
- Mowlana Hazar Imam during His visit to U.K, at Alexandra Palace in 1969.
- Mowlana Hazar Imam during His visit to U.K, with the President's wife, Mrs. Jetha.
- Mowlana Hazar Imam and Begum Salimah
- Mowlana Hazar Imam planting a sapling at the Aga Khan Palace near the Samadhis of
late Mrs. Kasturba Ghandi and late Bhulabhai Desai
- Mowlana Hazar Imam and Prince Amyn with the Prime Minister of India, Indira Ghandi
- Mowlana Hazar Imam is seen signing the Register after the Civil Marriage ceremony.
Begum Salimah looks on. October, 1969
- Mowlana Hazar Imam and Begum Salimah in Sardinia. This image is in black and white.
- Mowlana Hazar Imam's Maserati Quattroporte designed for him by Pierto Frua.
Previous - Next
Timeline Main Page