Aga Khan - Timeline - 1977
Aga Khan IV - Timeline - 1977
- 1977 - The Aga Khan Award for Architecture was created.
- 1977: King Juan Carlos presented Hazar Imam with the "Medalla del Oro del Consojo Superior
de Colegios de Arquitectos", at a ceremony at the Royal Palace in the presence of members of the
Spanish Architectural Association.
- November 16, 1977: Mowlana Hazar Imam and Begum Salimah paid five-day State
visit to Bangladesh. President and Begum Zia-ur Rahman hosted banquet in their honour.
- November 16 - 21, 1977: Mowlana Hazar Imam laid wreath at National Memorial for Martyrs at
Savar. Ambassador of Iran hosted dinner in honour of Mowlana Hazar Imam and Begum Salimah.
Ismailia Supreme Council for Bangladesh arranged reception in their honour. Cultural show
organised in their honour by government. Private dinner for them hosted by Vice-President.
- November 18, 1977: : Addressed the National Press Club, Dacca.
- November 18, 1977: I.P.S. Kenya celebrated its Silver Jubilee.
- November 20, 1977: Delivered speech at Civic Reception arranged by Dacca
Municipal Corporation at Hotel Inter-Continental.
- November 25, 1977: Mowlana Hazar Imam sent a Talika to Ismailis around the
world to announce the inauguration of Institute of Ismaili Studies, London.
- December 12, 1977: Inauguration of Institute of Ismaili Studies in London. During the inauguration, he addressed the I.I.S.
- December 8, 1977: Mowlana Hazar Imam invested with the "Order of the Knight of the Grand
Cross" by the Prime Minister of Italy, Mr, Guilio Andreotti. It is Italy's highest national award
and was given in recognition of Hazar Imam's role played in the development of Sardinia's
economy particularly in the field of tourism.
PHOTO ALBUM 1977
- Mowlana Hazar Imam at an institutional function during the visit to Bangladesh in 1977.
- Mowlana Hazar Imam during the Darbar during the Bangladesh visit.
Previous - Next
Timeline Main Page