Aga Khan - Timeline - 1967
Aga Khan IV - Timeline - 1967
- January 24, 1967: The Aga Khan Foundation was established with headquarters in
- January 25, 1967: Inaugurated Second Sitting of the Standing Committee of World
Ismailia Socio-Economic Conference (WISEC) at Geneva.
- January, 1967: Attended the opening ceremony of the casualty ward at the Aga Khan
- January 26, 1967: Visited Ismaili Centre at Lausanne, Switzerland.
- March 11, 1967: Arrived in Nairobi for the opening of the I.P.S. Building by President
Jomo Kenyatta. Visit lasted four days.
- March 14, 1967: I.P.S. Building opened.
- March 15, 1967: Arrived in Abidjan, Ivory Coast. Performed opening ceremony of a jute
mill, the first I.P.S. project there.
- March 29, 1967: Flew to New York for a fortnight's visit to U.S.A.
- June 7, 1967: Visited Ismaili Centre in Paris where Ismailis from Europe and other parts
of the world had gathered.
- July11, 1967: Completed ten years of Glorious Imamat. Commemorative coins were issued to celebrate the events.
- August 19, 1967: Meet Royal guest.
- Ocober 15, 1967: Gave an interview to Anne Loesh for the Magazine Jeune Afrique. The interview was published under the title "Karim Aga Khan, prince de l'Islam et homme d'affaires" with a brief introduction to Ismailism.
- October 26, 1967: Participated in the historic celebrations of the coronation of Shah of
- November 5, 1967: Arrived in Bombay on 23-day State visit to India. Toured Bhavnagar,
Malia Hatina, Ahmedabad, Sidhpur, New Delhi, Nagpur, Yeotmal and Hyderabad.
- November 8, 1967: Performed brick-laying ceremony for nursing home of Ismaili General hospital, Bombay.
- November 10, 1967: Declared open new Jamat Khana at Andheri.
- November 15, 1967: Arrived in New Delhi to grand red carpet welcome at the Palam
Airport. Guest of Honour at Government dinner.
- November 16, 1967: Attended luncheon given by President Zakir Husain, met Prime
Minister Indira Gandhi, Deputy Prime Minister Morarji Desai and Home Minister Y.B.
- November 17, 1967: Gave banquet in honour of Vice-President V.V. Giri. Announced gift
of Aga Khan Palace at Poona to Government for memorial to the late Mahatma Gandhi.
- November 19, 1967: Visited Yeotmal, centre of Shahid. First Imam to visit the place in
1400 years. Laid foundation stone of new Jamat Khana.
- November 23, 1967: Attended reception given by Sheriff of Bombay and 51 prominent
institutions. At Rotary Club dinner, delivered speech on "Certain Aspects of Development
in the Newly Independent Nations".
- November 25, 1967: Attended grand civic reception at Kamala Nehru Park, Bombay.
- November 26, 1967: Historic Darbar in celebration of Prince Karim Aga Khan's 10 years
of Imamat at Hasanabad, Bombay.
- November 27, 1967: Attended luncheon given by Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin
Saheb, religious head of the Bohora community at Saifee Mahal, Bombay.
- November 28, 1967: Left Bombay, arrived in Rawalpindi. Had lunch with President Ayub
Khan. Arrived in Karachi.
- November 30, 1967: Was given honorary Doctorate of Law (Honoris Causa)
by Peshawar University. whether it be the cause of Muslims in pakistan, so dear to his
fore-bearers and to himself, or in the far distant Philippines, his generosity has enhanced
- December 13, 1967: Celebration of thirty first birthday.
PHOTO ALBUM 1967
- Rue de Ursins, au coeur du Vieux Paris, Karim Agha Khan habite un palais concu par
l'architecte Pouillon. C'est le businessman moderne que montre notre photo. Et la Seine "qui se
prelasse dans les fenetres"
- Mowlana Hazar Imam at the Standing Committee's meeting of the World Ismaili Socio
Economic Conference (WISEC) in Geneva, where Mowlana Hazar Imam announced the
establishment of The Aga Khan Foundation.
- Mowlana Hazar Imam with His Royal Guest, Princess Margaret.
- Mowlana Hazar Imam
- Convocation address at Peshawar University of Pakistan
November 30, 1967.
- Mowlana Hazar Imam with Governor Mohammed Musa Khan at the Convocation.
- Mowlana Hazar Imam receiving the Degree of Doctor of Laws.
Previous - Next
Timeline Main Page